The Pre-Admissions process begins with a phone inquiry or email inquiry. A brief Initial screening will take place to gather basic information, the current situation, and if basic criteria is met. After speaking with the prospective resident and their support system, Chapter House Counseling Center will assess the prospective resident to determine appropriate level of care and gather an understanding of the history of each individual. This will include an assessment of all current and past legal issues, significant relationships, mental health, co-occurring disorders and medical history. If a prospective resident is not a fit, we will make an appropriate recommendation for a different level of care or a different service provider. If deemed appropriate for Chapter House Sober Living and Chapter House Counseling Center, the admissions staff will connect the financial guarantor with the Chapter House financial department to complete all the financial paperwork and begin the payment process. If the prospective resident wishes to utilize health insurance benefits for their services at Chapter House Counseling Center, this information will be gathered and insurance benefits will be verified. Admissions staff will provide residents and support system with a list of items to bring and a family information packet. All transportation details will be worked out with the assistance of Chapter House staff during the process of scheduling the admission.
- Potential Resident must be drug and alcohol free at admission
- Potential Resident must be male and between the ages of 18 and 35
- Potential Resident must have attended primary treatment for chemical dependency at least once
- Potential Resident must be interested in education and/or career development (see launching stage information)
- Potential Resident must be willing to commit to a minimum of 90 days at Chapter House
- Physical limitation which limit the individual to participate fully in our program
- Severe psychiatric disorders
- Severe sexual disorders
- Chronic aggressive behavior
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- We provide luxury bedding and a set of towels for each resident.
- We provide local transportation for all admissions. In addition, we will assist and coordinate above and beyond any basic transportation needs.
- We are life development driven, therefore residents will engage in learning how to do basic household chores, grocery shop, cook meals individually and as a group (cold breakfast is provided) and do their own laundry.
- Communication is limited with the outside world for the first 30 days.